visa for US performing artists(not in bars/restaurants)?

Discussion of issues concerning temporary employment in Canada, or temporary entry for business activities.

visa for US performing artists(not in bars/restaurants)?

Postby promo2006 on Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:46 am

I am a promoter from Montreal who wants to know if US musicians need a visa to play in Canada for only one concert. I specify that the venue is not a bar or restaurant but a theatre inside a cultural center.

I am confused because I don't know to find the right info.
The text below is from Immigration Canada web site

Performing Artists

Foreign artists and their essential supporting staff coming to Canada to perform do not need a permit if they are only performing in Canada for a limited period of time and will not be performing in a bar or restaurant. Artists working in Canada in this category may not enter into an employment relationship with the Canadian group that has contracted for their services. Artists must also not perform for the production of a movie, television or radio broadcast.

I wonder if it's real because I read on other web sites that a visa is required

Thank you

Mark Farner
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:38 am

Postby David on Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:09 pm

If the venue is not a bar or restaurant type setting, then a work permit would not be required.
Site Admin
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:25 am

Return to Canadian Work Visas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest