US Division Employee working in Canada?

Discussion of issues concerning temporary employment in Canada, or temporary entry for business activities.

US Division Employee working in Canada?

Postby cartwheel on Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:43 pm


I tried a search, but didn't find an answer. We are a global company with divisions in Europe, US and Canada. There is a specialized employee of the US division that I need to work part-time with my Engineers on a project for the next year or two. This will involve frequent trips to Canada (one work week a month), but the Employee will remain living in the US and employed by the US division.

I've been given conflicting reports regarding the need for a work permit in this application. Unfortunately the legal division of the company is Europe based and in North America we are technical groups, so I don't have an answer yet.

Thanks for your help!
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:33 pm

Re: US Division Employee working in Canada?

Postby David on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:22 am

The information supplied suggests that a work permit will be needed. The provisions of intra-company transfer may apply, depending on the role and the qualifications of the candidate, which could exempt the requirement of a LMO approval. Realistically, however, more details of the situation are needed to make an accurate evaluation of the need for a Canadian work permit and the eligibility for such.
Site Admin
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:25 am

Return to Canadian Work Visas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carpinteyrohyd, Cinnilucca, Ddyllicca and 1 guest