I have a question...

Discussion of issues concerning temporary employment in Canada, or temporary entry for business activities.

I have a question...

Postby limmy on Thu May 05, 2005 2:02 pm

My boyfriend lives in the States and he wants to move here so that we can be together. I was just wondering what steps he needs to take to do so. Does he need a visa? What about a sponsor?
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu May 05, 2005 2:55 am

Postby David on Fri May 06, 2005 11:15 am

Limmy, in order for a non-Canadian to work legally in Canada, it is typically necessary for that individual to be in possession of a work permit. If your boyfriend is a US citizen, then he may be eligible for the provisions of NAFTA.

In order to accurately determine if he is eligible for a work visa, an evaluation of the job offer and of his academic and occupational qualifications would be necessary.
Site Admin
Posts: 2469
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 11:25 am

Return to Canadian Work Visas

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest